8/20/2014

Reminders



The note that Tasha gave me during our retreat. "PUSH MO YAN BHE~"

Since I’ve been in one of my lowest points lately, I decided to reread all the letters I received during our college retreat. As I open each letter, I have that little spark of hope and longing for the company of my closest friends. Then I saw Tasha’s note for me, it says “Mayyeng, One thing you taught me: PUSH MO LANG YAN BHE!” The note meant a lot to me because I realized that yes; I was that kind of person. A person who never gives up, a person who tries everything to succeed but suddenly, after a month of self-struggle I just gave up on a dream that I know I want. I wasted too much of money (that I do not own, thank you dear parents), time and effort.

Some of the letters even mentioned that they admire me because of my achievements and how I handle myself in times of pressure BUT everything changed in just a month of stay in LS. The note from Tasha actually slapped me a hundred times. It is as if a wake up call telling me to stop being so stubborn and to start finding my true self once again. Within me, I know I am not a quitter! I don’t give up due to petty things. I fight and I fight hard.

This downfall decisions and emotions MUST not eat me. I need to fight harder. I swear the next step I will partake will be the best for me. I will give my best to my future employer and I will make my boss proud every single day. And when the right time comes, I will surely go back to LS and I will be the best student ever. So LS wait for me, I will be back!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment