Second day of my internship in Malacanan
today! 10 hours down, 190 hours more!
For today’s activity, we went to three
different bureaus of the Presidential Communications Operations Office
(PCOO). First we visited Radio Television Malacañang, they are
responsible for the coverage of President Aquino’s activities, they also make
shows, and we actually saw their team editing the new government program
entitled, “Gov @ Work.” One of the hosts is Aica Robredo, the daughter of the
late Sec. Jesse Robredo. I am happy that they are using Mac as their
equipment!
After,
we visited the briefing room and pressroom of Malacanan. We met several media
people from radio and print, too bad there is no scheduled press briefing today
so no people from TV.
Lastly,
we visited the Bureau of Communication Services; they are responsible for
mostly the print media of the government. They print leaflets given to foreign
media, print information that students might need regarding the government,
burn CDs containing useful material about government etc. We had the chance
to see their machines, though we saw the old ones since the new machines from
the US would still arrive on June 14! Their director had a short talk with us too,
Mr. Manalili is so funny and quirky, I learned so much from him regarding why
it is fulfilling to be part of media! In addition, they gave us food (HAHA),
ensaymada, juice and ginataan for merienda! We also met a new staff of BCS from
UST! I am so happy that she immediately got a job after graduation; at least
she is now part of the working force of our country!
I
totally enjoyed the second day of my internship. I am quite excited to begin
with the real work but I have to admit I am scared at the same time since I am
not good in reading google maps. I hope in time I would be able to know most
places around the metro! I think this is my getting lost and finding myself yearning!
lol
P.S. It
was totally traffic this morning because of Quiapo Day! Hassle but I admire the
people who really showcase their devotion to the Black Nazarene, God bless
you! :)
Visit these sites to know more about the places I visited today!
No comments:
Post a Comment