3/26/2013

Junior Year! Part 3



Here’s part 3 of my junior year HL!

This year, I was once again offered to run for the Communication Arts’ Students Association (CASA) as an officer, particularly as Auditor. I don’t know but I actually said YES as soon as they offered it to me because basically this is the second time they offered me this kind of opportunity plus I think I won’t lose anything anyway rather I will gain a great experience out of it. So, NO additional questions instead I just told them that they should not get disappointed if I don’t win.

We prepared for one week for the 3-day campaign. Writing of the speeches were easy since we had our vision for the organization but it was hard to meet as one whole party to practice most especially that four out of five were in third year. We were all busy with theater, adquest and ITM for me. It was tough knowing that we only had the chance to be complete on the first day of the campaign. In addition, I have to admit that I did not give my whole attention to the campaign practices since my attention was divided and as I said to my friends, “I am more prepared to lose than to win!”

People who were listening to the way we deliver our speeches kept on telling us that we don’t have the energy. We need conviction in the words we utter and we need to smile from time to time and a lot more blahs and blahs! During the first day of the campaign period, we were all exhausted and hopeless already. One of my friends even said that if she would compare our party’s campaign to the other party, their campaign execution was better. We went home disappointed that night. I remember Patuy, our president sending us inspiring messages to uplift our spirit. The next day, we decided as a team to give our best for the next two days and come what may on the day of the proclamation. Nonetheless, I think we nailed the last two days of the campaign and we ended blissful and fulfilled!
Goofing around while waiting for professors to allow us to campaign to their classes. LOL

Our campaign leaflet picture
(L-R) PRO, Auditor, President, VP Internal and Secretary
 
Last Day of Campaign! with our coaches (:P) Stephen, Jody and Kuya Mark


We did not actually think about the results anymore. Maybe because we were satisfied with our campaign for Day 2 and 3 and everyone was not expecting too much for it.


Declaration of winners came… I was surprised that I won! I did not expect that people would vote for me. Then it hit me! I’ll be an officer next AY and people are expecting so much for a better performing CASA! I am actually nervous about this one but I will try my best to be the best CASA AUDITOR for everyone. God knows that I did not expect this position but I think this is a big blessing from Him and I need to embrace it with much grace. 



Results from CASA COMELEC

Reminder for me!!!


I am exited but at the same time nervous but I know I can surely do well through everyone's help!  EVALS (that's the name of my project. LOL), KAYA NATIN YAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment