3/30/2013

Junior Year! Part 4


Since last year I’ve been aiming to get scholarships, seminars, conferences or any other way on how I could go out of the country and experience other people’s culture. I really want to travel the world! I want to explore its madness and I’m aiming to start as early as now in discovering various places.

I wanted to try the AIESEC GCDP program but then my parents won’t allow because first, I have internship this summer and second, the country that I want is not safe even if I know my fellow AIESECers would take care of me.

Lucky me, the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) recommended the International Students’ Week in Ilmenau, Germany! In order to be part of it, we needed to write 3 essays regarding why we want to join ISWI 2013, why did we choose the three topics we chose (I picked Communication, Education and Faith & Religion) and what is our interpretation for this year’s theme.

It was actually excruciating since we had to wait for 2 months before they disclosed who were chosen to attend the conference but… the long wait was worth it because I was selected to represent the Philippines and UST! Plus, the day when I saw the results, it was actually a tiring Wednesday and I was disappointed to someone really special to me. L So the ISWI result became a good diversion!

My official invitation letter! :>


Until now, I don’t know yet if I will push through in going since, my parents have this rule that there should be at least a few of us from UST who would attend. They don’t want me travel alone! Nonetheless, thank God UST is willing to help us and there would even be someone from UST who will accompany us. Though I have to admit I’ll be happier if they support us financially! Haha!

While typing this blog, I am still hopeful that this May I will see Germany with much bliss. x

No comments:

Post a Comment