It’s been awhile since i last updated my blog(s)- i need to make a new account since, idk :(. So this
would be a really really long update about my whole junior year, 2nd
semester experiences! But this post will be divided into various posts (sobrang
haba kasi talaga!)
![]() |
| d'CATCH 2013 participants infront of King Rama's statue (Chulalongkorn University) |
First in the list is my d’CATCH experience. D’CATCH or Decentralized Transnational Asian Challenge is a quadripartite video exchange
program that happened in Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand. This is
actually my second d’CATCH experience and what makes it different? I lost my
laptop! Seriously, I know I should not point that out but then that experience
made me realize how pessimistic I could be when it comes to such situations.
![]() |
| The epic PINK VAIO LAPTOP (My Chinese friends borrowed it then *poof*) |
Ajarn Ma inspired me to look on the brighter side of life
all the time. So for the past 3 months, I’ve been trying to keep calm and just
give my best to everything that I need to do. To show my gratitude, I PMed him
on Facebook with this message:
“Hi Ajarn
Ma, i wrote this note 2 days after we arrived here in the Philippines and at
that time i was too shy to send this one to you. 555 but i think now is the
right time to give it to you because i have totally cleared my mind about what
happened...
here it
goes,
Hi Ajarn Ma!
I just want to say thank you for being so accommodating during our stay in
Chula. Most especially thank you for your advice when my laptop was stolen. to
be honest during that time i did not understand why i need to let go of the
memory easily but then i realised before leaving Thailand that you're right,
there are things that we could not control and we just need to fully accept it
since if we don't do that we would only hurt ourselves more. thank you so much,
i will never forget your kindness. take care of yourself and hoping to go back
in BKK soon.
yours,
Mayyeng
-sorry for
being random, went over my notes and i saw it. i think you just really need to
read it!
and by the way... Team Philippines miss everyone there already!”
He replied to my message saying:
“ Hi Hi Mayyeng,
Oh !!! my lovely girl.
You are so shy but I'll tell you the
truth, this thing you've done to me is really make me become the happiest man
in the world during I read your beautiful words.
I couldn't write my words to you after my reading was over too.
I tried to think about how I can express my feeling to you.
Today I tell myself that it's no useful to wait to tell
something very meaningful to you. You just tell what you want to say from your
feeling. You may not have a chance to say tomorrow.
I'm so proud of you.In Buddhist way of life if someone can find
him/herself and then tell him/herself that what is the right way to walk from
the right reason. That person is great. And you've already found the true
happiness.
God bless you
.
Aj.Ma”
So yeah, I’m great! Joke! But this experience really changed me
for the best. Thank you to that thief, I was able to discover something about
myself. I am forever thankful for that great lesson I learned in Thailand.
d'CATCH 2013 timeline:
![]() |
| With my Chinese group mates! Team Transmission, FTW! |
![]() |
| Team Transmission enjoying the campus tour |
![]() |
| Team Philippines represent! |
![]() |
| With my Team Value family. I'm so happy to see them for the second time around. |
![]() |
| We visited a nice beach. Team transmission girls enjoying the beach water. |
![]() |
| dinner with my team value family! |
![]() |
| During the presentation of video outputs. Representing Team Transmission! |
![]() |
| Looking fab with Venz and Macai. |
![]() |
| With Maica and Kaycee. We were fascinated with Thailand's culture |
![]() |
| My first ever police report! It is written in Thai, so my reaction when i saw it... *O_O* haha |
![]() |
| Team Philippines... best dancers during the conference! :) Angkor Wat replica. |
Thailand experience... check check check!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment